Wednesday, October 6, 2010

There's no place I'd rather be

I was asked the question today: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?" and amazingly for the first time probably ever in my life my answer is: exactly where I am!

There is no place in the world outside of the house I live in, with the man I live with that I would rather be. What an exciting thing to realize! The only thing that I would add in if I could is to bring my dog back down from Heaven and have him still here with me. That would make this house even more amazing than it already is. But since I can't do that, and I have to be grateful for the many wonderful years that I did get to have with my Punkin, I am left to focus on the now. And, thankfully my 'now' is a dream come true.

The life I am living right now, today, is the life that exceeds what I ever saw coming. For this, I am truly grateful. Maybe it was all the wrong turns that I had taken so many times before in my life that makes me appreciate where I've ended up. Those bumps and bruises (if that's what we want to call them...it was more like torture and horrible decisions) brought me exactly here. And, exactly here is very aware of just how lucky and blessed 'here' actually is.

So, if there is somewhere else that you wish you were...what's stopping you from going there? And it may not be a location...it may be a vocation. If you're doing something that doesn't bring you joy, are you doing anything to change that?

Just a thought...I hope it makes you realize that you have far more than you may be aware of.

Love and light,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment