Friday, August 20, 2010

Strength from within

Today's Quote

“If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.”-Corrie TenBoom



Well, after 7 hours at the hospital filled with waiting, and more waiting we achieved the first round of chemotherapy. Me as the supporter, my loved one as the receiver. Somehow, even though it wasn't put into my body, it somehow all felt the same. It wasn't as bad as we anticipated, as nothing ever is as true as our coyote mind would have us believe. It is still going to be a very long haul. But, I am ready. I trust that the Universe has reasons behind everything that goes on in our lives, and I'm as involved in the process as I can be.

It is in the tough times that we find out what we are truly made of. Our strength comes out in amounts we would have at any other time wondered if we ever really had. But strength comes from the mind and from the will and mine are in tact during this time. I've known since I was young and my father died so unexpectedly that we all had the ability to push forward and rise to any occasion simply because we had to and not because we wanted to. It is what we are born with and equipped with. It's little pocket gifts from God that aren't to be opened until we have to and out comes great bursts of strength and understanding.

We may not always understand the 'why's' of what's happening. We may not always understand the 'how's' even. But if you keep your faith, and trust that you can and do have what it takes to make it through, it will bring you to someplace greater than your imagination could take you alone. Trust in the process and know that's all we can do. Negativity will block the progress. I'm not interested in that.

And for all of you out there who are nurses, and health care workers ...I salute you. You are amazing people with hearts of gold. May you always remember why it is that you ever went into that vocation and not let the politics of this country's horribly uneven health care get in your way of making people's lives better. We sure have appreciated those nurses over the last few months. They have been amazing.

Today's challenge: Trust in whatever process is happening in your life today. Know that you don't have to know where it all leads, and that it would surprise you anyway so don't guess. Just go with it, trust in it and be present to it all. May this day be filled with love and wonder.

Blessings,

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Em!I needed that today, I miss you, we have to get together soon. My new office is at Chamblee Dunwoody..
    Big love,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to you, Emily, and to your Loved One. Blessings to you both. ER

    ReplyDelete