Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another Book Review

I just finished reading the book Ravenous: a fool lover's journey from obsession to freedom by Dayna Macy.
Now, I want to find her and ask to work with her. She is intense in all the right ways. She goes through a lot of detailed, horrid and vibrant experiences in her journey of food and balance. While reading the slaughter chapter, as she puts herself out into a slaughter house (a humane one, if there is such things) and describes it in such detail that I cried. It was a very hard chapter to get through, and I thought about skipping it, but through her way of writing, I just couldn't bring myself to turn away from it. Her writing style is bold, intense and gets you down deep.
I thought this book gave great detail of different foods and how they are prepared from start to finish. She achieves balance and reaffirms certain beliefs that I had developed for myself.
I do recommend this book to all of us who are seeking our own balance with food, and with life.

* Please note: Hay House gives me these books for free to review. It is not a paid position of Hay House

No comments:

Post a Comment