Monday, April 25, 2011

Simplify your life by adopting this word: NO

I was asked today what I tell people about how to simplify their life. I realized that the people that I usually have this conversation with are women who are fighting cancer-since they are my primary source right now for public speaking. What I tell them is the value of saying NO. Woman, wives, mothers, daughters all have a very difficult time saying no to people-therefore over extending themselves way too often and complicating what could have been a very simple, lovely day!
The power behind saying NO is so amazing. I teach it to people that over extend themselves. It is a straight cut way to simplify any situation.
Why do you think that babies hold on to that word so dearly? They learn it early and they use it properly! It doesn't mean you can't do extra things for people, but learning how to slow down and say no to too much brings a fabulous gift of health to your life. Healthy mind, healthy body. Don't over do.
On a daily basis, break down the 'to do list' to what is the most important things to get done and stick with those. You are not superwoman or superman and the key to this little statement is: you don't have to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment