Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why do people cheat?

I'm not sure there is one clear cut answer to this question, because I truly think some people just have it in them, and others don't no matter what. But think about the repercussions of trusting in someone who runs around sticking their you-know-what's, in some strangers you-know-who's and then coming home to you and putting it in you! It is so nasty and yet, so many people do that!

I knew people who were married for years and one of the people got sick only to find out it was stage III syphilis from their lousy, cheating spouse. Or my friend worked as a hostess at a super swanky bar and found out that there was a couple having sex in the bathroom, and when the bartender knocked on the door to tell them they had to leave the man behind the door says: "can we walk out separate because my wife's out there?"

Hell, I had a boyfriend who decided to let me know we were done by placing photo's of him and his new woman on one of these social networking sites instead of having the balls and the human decency to give me the courtesy call to say "hey, I'm doing someone else now, thank you buh-bye."

Here are my questions and if you can answer them, then let me have it:

1) What gives someone the right to think that they can cheat?
2) Why do you bother getting married?
3) What is it that creates some people to always do the noble thing and keep your paws off until the relationship has ended (and both parties know it's ended) and other's can't wait that long?
4) You have to know you will get caught, right? So, why bother?
5) Why wouldn't you put in the effort it takes to score somewhere else with someone else into your relationship or marriage?
6) Why don't you leave before you go pokin around in someone else's punkin patch?
There are always cleaner ways to handle yourself and cheating is not one of them. So...what's the deal?

Someone please explain it to me because I seem to be missing something.


And now we take it to the other side:

1) Why would you take them back if you know they can't be trusted?
2) You know that if you do take them back, and they do it again, you are going to hate yourself for putting up with all that bullshit for nothing.
3) How do you deal with that aftermath?

And my final thoughts on cheating: Do whatever you want, do whoever you want...just don't bother getting into a committed relationship if you know you're not the monogamous kind! Own it, live it, and move on.

Oh and by the way...I am not writing this because of my own life...I am blessed with a truly faithful, wonderful man. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea here :-) I love you, honey! I am thankful that you are the man that you are and not anything like Tiger Woods!

Thanks...
Emily
A faithful and highly opinionated woman

2 comments:

  1. True dat! If it is time to cheat it is time to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, all I got from this is "Men Cheat"

    ReplyDelete